BANK RECONCILIATION REPORT MM Acc. Year End 31.03.2022
Annual Return 2016/17
The Precept is that element of your Council Tax that is paid to Little Addington Parish Council.
Every year, the Parish Council draws up budgets and calculates how much money it needs for the next Financial Year. These are usually finalised at the January Full Council meeting and then submitted to East Northamptonshire District Council (ENDC). ENDC co-ordinates the other demands from Northamptonshire County Council, the Police and themselves and come up with the rate to be paid from 1st April of that year.
For the financial year 2020/21 Little Addington Parish Council has requested a precept of £11,980.
The Smaller Authorities Transparency Code came into force on 1 April 2015 and requires the online publication of certain information which the Government requests, to provide taxpayers with a clear picture of the authority’s activities, spending, and governance, and will improve the ability of communities to hold local public bodies to account. This includes any information on joint committees. All smaller authorities must make sure they are compliant.
Implications for town and parish councils
Under the Transparency Code, from April 2015 smaller authorities, including town and parish councils with a turnover of less than £25,000 are required to publish the following information online:
- All items of expenditure above £100
- End of year accounts
- Annual governance statement
- Internal audit report
- List of councillor or member responsibilities
- The details of public land and building assets
- Minutes, agendas and meeting papers of formal meetings
For further details including yearly publication deadlines, please refer to the Transparency Code, which can be accessed here.
Compliance with the Transparency Code is compulsory for all smaller authorities with a turnover of less than £25,000.
Little Addington Parish Council complies with the Transparency Code:-
- All items of expenditure are detailed in the monthly Financial Report which can be found on the Minutes page.
- The End of Year Accounts, Annual Governance Statement and Internal Audit Report can be found at the top of this page with the Full Copy Annual Return.
- A list of Councillors and their responsibilities can be found on the Parish Council page.
- Minutes and Agendas can be found on the relevant pages of this site.